Financial Controller - Job Vacancy
- Are you the King or Queen of numbers?
- Are you the type of person that wants to make a real difference in the world?
We are incredibly excited by the notion of having a full-time Financial Controller position become available to help us scale a rapidly expanding business.
You will be part of an established, fast-growing team with more than 135 years’ experience and expertise.
Come grow with us and be part of the journey with this rewarding opportunity.
Who are we?
Hoseright is an Indigenous, family-owned, market-leading hydraulic hose and fittings business. We service a wide range of industries and are Perth’s sole mobile distributor of RYCO Hydraulic hose and fittings. Operating from two locations, our Wangara distribution centre, as well as our Malaga service centre to supply and manufacture hose and fittings. Supported by a fleet of 8 mobile service trucks, Hoseright is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We pride ourselves on our positive team culture where we support each other to go above and beyond for our clients. We live by our points of culture, which you can find out more here
At Hoseright we are committed to changing our world one hose at a time, donating a portion of our profits of each hydraulic hose we replace to local and world changing initiatives. We believe that it is our responsibility as a successful business to pass on our good fortune and do good in the world. Currently supporting Variety WA, Dot Com Mob, Happy Box Projects as well as multiple life changing initiatives through B1G1 to name just a few. You can find out more here
So, if you are looking for a job that you will not only count the numbers but add value to the planet, this position is for you.
People in your workplace have described you as a “PERFECTIONIST”. You have an uncanny ability to pick up the small details the average person wouldn’t see. Additionally, people have continuously commented on your love of analysing numbers in the business/es you’ve worked in. You have previous experience in Financial Management or Accounting Roles. You have qualifications in bookkeeping / degree in commerce / a degree in life around financial controlling role.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the CEO, you will play the key role in managing the day-to-day finance functions of the business & the related multiple family entities. Also, you will be supervising the role of our existing full-time AMAZING bookkeeper to help her further develop and grow into her role. Due to the nature of this busy role, the applicant must possess a proven background as an experienced Financial Controller with an ability to hit the ground running, working proactively and autonomously within a busy team. This role is ideal for a candidate looking for a challenge and is ready to be accountable for their role in the business.
You will be responsible for:
- Management of all finance and accounting operations including Invoicing, A/R, A/P, Payroll, BAS etc. of the business and all its related entities.
- Leadership to our amazing bookkeeper to assist in personal growth while ensuring all tasks are completed to required standards and within the agreed timeframe.
- Preparation of Budget, Cashflow Forecast, Trends Analysis on P&L (Income, COGS and Expense ratios) and Balance Sheet and other Management Reports Ensure HR, ATO, Superannuation, insurance and Workcover compliance.
- Work with CEO on board matters relating to strategy and direction.
- Review and improve processes and systems to increase efficiencies within the business.
- Liaising with members of the team, suppliers, clients, and external accountant.
- Facility Management.
It is important to understand that work roles are diverse in our business and can overlap and require team members to be very flexible in their roles.
- Experience working as a financial controller or similar role.
- Experience in manufacturing, fast moving consumer goods, import and export from China highly desirable.
- Intermediate to Advanced working knowledge of Xero bookkeeping software, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- EFFICIENCY and ACCURACY are the two most important traits we are looking for.
- Extensive experience in preparing and analysing reports and making improvements to tools and system.
- Power BI report creation experience an advantage.
- Outstanding time management skills.
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills.
- An enthusiastic and can-do attitude.
- Proactive attitude with excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- A “team first” attitude.
- Open licence and your own car.
Other Qualities and Characteristics: the ability to take instructions, supportive, self-starter, organized, motivated, honest, loyal, punctual, reliable, decisive, polite, pleasant, practical, presentable, non-smoker, disciplined, collaborative, resourceful, influential, enjoys a challenge, intuitive, articulate, engaging and effective.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
This is an excellent opportunity for you to grow your business knowledge, learn from a true Master of business and be part of a great team culture. As part of our team, you will receive mentoring that will allow you to succeed in the business world and in life. Not only will you have the chance to grow and dramatically increase your skills and experience, but we also believe very strongly in general health and wellness and encourage this within the workplace. The business is abundant and rewards performance, loyalty and going the extra mile. So, given you step up, live the culture, and become a better you whilst helping the team achieve our vision, you’ll be rewarded not only financially but personally.
How to apply:
If this sounds like you and you possess the right skills, please email your resume to email@example.com or apply via the button below. For any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 08 9409 7375