Trainee Mobile Hydraulic Hose Technician - Job Vacancy
Trainee Mobile Hydraulic Hose Technician
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge and enjoy making a real difference in the world?
We are incredibly excited by the notion of having a full-time junior hose technician join us to help us scale a rapidly expanding business. This is a unique and exciting position that will develop into a full-time mobile hydraulic hose technician position after a 12-month in-house training program while learning the ropes and supporting our team of workshop technicians.
You will be part of an established, fast-growing team with more than 135 years’ experience and expertise.
Come and grow with us and be part of our journey with this rewarding opportunity.
Your main duties will include:
- Diagnose and repair leaking hydraulic equipment and machinery.
- Hydraulic and industrial hose identification.
- Manufacturing and assembling a variety of industrial and hydraulic hose assemblies.
- Strong knowledge of hydraulic and industrial thread identification.
- Understand and perform high-pressure hose testing procedures.
- Operate workshop machinery, including forklift, cut-off saw, crimper, and pressure testing equipment.
- Accurately pick and dispatch customer orders.
- Be flexible in providing cover for other areas within the workshop as and when required.
- Eventually become part of a rotating on-call roster (approximately 1 per 5 weeks) for overtime and call-outs as we offer a 24/7 mobile breakdown service.
- Ability to work overtime if requested to ensure we meet our customers’ expectations.
- Add value to each and every customer.
- Assisting qualified hose technicians with on-site hose repairs.
This position requires a commitment to continuous self-improvement and development to align with our company values. We will supply you with a comprehensive 12-month in-house training program supported by our product partner Ryco. This is a great opportunity for someone with mechanical experience wanting to take their career to the next level.
Some of the skills you will possess are:
- You have a broad mechanical aptitude with an adaptive mindset.
- You’re dependable and attentive, with high attention to detail.
- You’re positive, have a can-do attitude and able to work under pressure.
- You’re safety-conscious and have the relevant tickets, certificates and licenses.
- You’re confident, an excellent communicator and most importantly, a people’s person.
- You’re self-managed with amazing time management skills, accountable and incredibly well organised.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and can push out of your comfort zone.
- You have a drive to self-educate.
- You can demonstrate experience or expertise in a similar role
- You have a driving license.
Some of the benefits that we provide:
- Attractive remuneration – above award wages with monthly bonuses based on performance.
- Great culture – we pride ourselves on high performance, accountability, and fulfillment.
- Professional development – we provide training and welcome those who are self-motivated and who love to learn.
- Friendly team – we are a close-knit, hard-working team that supports each other.
If all of the above excites the heck out of you, and you can’t wait to get stuck into it, we look forward to considering your application, and a potential position with a company that’s truly leaving its mark.
At Hoseright we are committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity. We encourage applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and all gender identities to apply.
All applications must include a job-specific cover letter to be considered.
If this sounds like you and you possess the right skills, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via the button below.